Kaki's Playground

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Water

Water

Sometimes, I long for water. I crave a glass of ice cold water when I’m thirsty. I’ve always wanted and hope to soon have my own place at the beach with a full view of the ocean water. Yesterday, I sat on the front porch and watched the skies rain down water from the heavens while the storm clouds thundered. The cool mist that sprayed my body was chilling, but so refreshing. I didn’t want it to end. Today, I craved being on the lake. So, we packed our bags and headed for the lake. I’m blessed to have a little cabin on the lake just north of our home. It’s so peaceful here. It’s less than an hours drive, but once we’re here, it seems so far away. I think it’s the water. There’s something about the water. I just love it. I think God likes water too.

Scriptures tell us that He separated the water on day 3, but yet the very first verse of Genesis tells us that the water always was - “the Spirit of God hovered over the water”.
God used the mighty rushing water to part the seas and help rescue the Egyptians. In ancient days, He instructed them to wash with water before entering the temple - it is purifying and cleansing. The water from a spring gave Samson strength when he drank it. He promises, as our shepherd, to lead us beside still waters, for refreshment and rest. He tells us to give our enemy water to drink if he’s thirsty. Jesus walked on the water, baptized in the water, and was baptized in the water as a symbol of repentance. He taught men to fish from the water. He once changed water to wine. Jesus talked to the woman at the well, and asked her for water to drink. When they pierced his side, the Scriptures say blood and water flowed from it. I John tells us He came to us by water and blood. Revelation tells us when he returns, His voice will be like the sound of rushing water, and He will lead us to springs of living water. He will give an angel charge over the waters and we will be led to those springs of living water and never thirst again.

Just as I long to be by the water, I long even more for that fountain of living water. The good news is that even today, here on earth, I know He longs to fill me with that living water. He wants to fill our lives up with that water from His river.

I think I’ll stop writing for now and ‘pack my bags’, pour a glass of water, grab my Bible, and sit before Him for a drink of His refreshing water. Ahhh. Can’t you just taste it!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home