Kaki's Playground

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Confident and Fixed

They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. - Psalm 112:7

To be confident is “to have full assurance, with no uncertainty; to be certain and trusting”.

One translation says, “his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.” The word ‘fixed’ can have different meanings. One definition says to be ‘permanently stable, firm, and fastened securely’. Another definition means ‘repaired, mended, or set in place’.

No matter what definition you choose, I want my heart to be fixed. Every heart is fixed on something. I want my heart to be repaired and mended, stable and firm, securely fastened to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, my Redeemer.

If there’s anything that can bring discouragement or fear or doubt to my heart, it’s bad news (sudden death, life threatening diagnosis, bad accident, etc). Usually, I’m stunned. Then, it may take me a while to come back to trust, but ultimately, I know that He is in control. However, even the best of us can get frustrated and lose heart at some point.

There’s a song I sang as a teenager. It’s rooted in the passage in Psalm 1. I want to be ready for any battle. I do not want to be easily moved or discouraged. I want to be stable, like a tree, like this song says. I shall not be, I shall not be moved - I shall not be, I shall not be moved. Just like a tree, planted by the water… I shall not be moved.

There’s a great reward for fixing our heart on Him. "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart." (Psalm 27:14) He will strengthen our hearts with courage and faith. He is a God of mercy and grace. His grace is sufficient!

So with confidence I can say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man (or satan) do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6) He is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?

Just like a told my mother in her last moments here on earth - Remember Isaiah 41:10 -“For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

Do not be anxious about anything, but pray about everything. (Philippians 4:6)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5,6)

"Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

Such promises!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home