Kaki's Playground

Monday, October 05, 2009

Small Potatoes

2 Corinthians 4

“Remember, our Message is not about ourselves; we're proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus for you. It started when God said, "Light up the darkness!" and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful.
If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's incomparable power with us. As it is, there's not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we're not much to look at. We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken.
So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.”



My God always shows up when I feel I can take no more. Actually, He’s always there, I’m just blinded by the clouds of doubt and despair. When I am at my weakest, He appears in all His strength, because the truth is, no matter how prayed up and read up I am, life sometimes knocks me down, then drags me around until I feel I can take no more. But, my heavenly Father can and immediately comes to my rescue. So, I do not lose heart, for our know He has greater plans than I can imagine.

As Paul reminds me in this passage to look at the inward man, I am reminded that I have been redeemed by His blood. I have been changed. I am blessed to know His love, His joy, His peace. Though my flesh and heart sometimes fail me, He does not. He is my strength. He has never failed me. I have to remember not to focus on what I am going through, but on Him, who is carrying me through the storms. He can calm the storms - He can move the mountains! These hard times are like small potatoes for He has great things in store for me. What a friend I have in Jesus!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home