No Worries
“The rain came down, the stream rose, and the winds blew and beat against the house; yet, it did not fall because it had its foundation on the rock.” Matthew 7:25,26
Last month, our area was hit by a fierce storm that left many homes destroyed or damaged from the flood waters. I am thankful for God’s protection. Yet, at the same time, I pray for those who lost much and more importantly, that they will not worry, but learn to trust Him for their needs.
Recently, at the Joyce Meyer conference, I was so excited to meet and introduce Michaela to Danny Gokey! When I thanked him for speaking with us and posing for a picture, his response was, “No worries.” I just love that! Most people say, “You’re welcome” or “No problem.” But he said, “No worries.”
Those two words are a great reminder to me that God does not want us to worry - about anything. (Don’t worry about anything - instead pray about everything.- Phil. 4)
The 6th chapter of Matthew says, “Don’t worry about everyday life – whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Look at the birds. They don’t need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. Doesn’t life consist of more than food and clothing?”
He gave us life and He is certainly able to give us the things we need for life. We are precious to Him. Most of the things we worry about in this life are temporary. Oh, how I have been seeing that more and more since Mama went to live in heaven, and as I watched my father sort through ‘things‘ as he prepares to leave this world. I am convinced more and more that I need to be ‘seeking first His kingdom, and His righteousness’ - knowing that He will give me anything and everything else I need.
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." - Jeremiah 17:7,8
No worries!
Last month, our area was hit by a fierce storm that left many homes destroyed or damaged from the flood waters. I am thankful for God’s protection. Yet, at the same time, I pray for those who lost much and more importantly, that they will not worry, but learn to trust Him for their needs.
Recently, at the Joyce Meyer conference, I was so excited to meet and introduce Michaela to Danny Gokey! When I thanked him for speaking with us and posing for a picture, his response was, “No worries.” I just love that! Most people say, “You’re welcome” or “No problem.” But he said, “No worries.”
Those two words are a great reminder to me that God does not want us to worry - about anything. (Don’t worry about anything - instead pray about everything.- Phil. 4)
The 6th chapter of Matthew says, “Don’t worry about everyday life – whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Look at the birds. They don’t need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. Doesn’t life consist of more than food and clothing?”
He gave us life and He is certainly able to give us the things we need for life. We are precious to Him. Most of the things we worry about in this life are temporary. Oh, how I have been seeing that more and more since Mama went to live in heaven, and as I watched my father sort through ‘things‘ as he prepares to leave this world. I am convinced more and more that I need to be ‘seeking first His kingdom, and His righteousness’ - knowing that He will give me anything and everything else I need.
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." - Jeremiah 17:7,8
No worries!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home