Kaki's Playground

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Pursuing Holiness

PURSUING HOLINESS AND GOD’S ANOINTING FOR 2011

We are told to, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

In Psalm 15, David asks the question, “Who can live in your tent?” It turns out the answer is, “whoever leads a holy life.” The passage goes on to tell how to live a holy life – by being honest, not slandering others, keeping your promise, fearing the Lord, honoring others, trusting Him without any doubt, and on and on.
The Lord does not require us to be perfect, but to pursue holiness.
My favorite book, James, says, “let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” I want to be holy – to be perfect and complete – to be lacking in nothing. It is sin that keeps me from this – even subtle sin, that we most often don’t even recognize as sin. Just as I like using a clean dish, our Father likes using a clean vessel. I want to be used by Him.
“If anyone purifies himself from these things (sin), he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.” 2 Timothy 2:21 Wow! God is watching us – not so much what we’re doing, but how we’re doing – how we keep our house/room, treat our friends, treat our children, treat our parents, treat our siblings, treat our ‘enemies’ or those that aren’t so ‘lovely’ – and even how we (I) trust Him in the difficulties – without wavering. I am so prone to wander!
Though I am called to live in this world, I pray I will not be conformed to its values. I pray I will be heavenly-minded and conformed to His image. I want to think like He thinks and love what He loves. I desire to pursue holiness this year, like never before. I pray I will give God something to anoint in this near year. Ah, to be anointed by Him and filled with joy! “You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” – Hebrews 1:9

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home