Kaki's Playground

Monday, July 07, 2014

He RESTORES my soul

Psalm 23 – He restores my soul. Restoration - I've restored old furniture before. What a great feeling to see the transformation from that old worn out look to a fresh, new, refurbished piece. I Peter 5:10 says, God will restore, support, strengthen, and establish you. He does make all things new. Sorrow, grief, hurt, sadness, loss, death, loneliness – these are all part of life. As I reflect back on a brief weekend encounter with a precious girl who is now gone forever from this earthly world, it causes me such sadness and such a heavy feeling deep within my chest. So many emotions race through my head and heart. How is it that someone can be so precious to so many people, and yet they feel so insignificant and alone. How does that happen? How do we get so busy that we fail to let others know what they mean to us. Then, once they’re gone, our soul aches deep within this frame we carry. The only way to really cope is to focus on the impression they made, to focus on those who are here, to focus on what is LEFT, not what is LOST. We must turn the hurt over to God, realizing that though we suffer bumps and bruises, hurts and loss, heartache and pain, it is God at work behind the scenes, working things for our good, longing to restore our soul. What a blessing to know that I am forgiven, totally forgiven - I have been restored - I have been made new - a new creation. My sins have been bought and paid for by the blood of Christ, my Savior. Stuff I’ve done, poor decisions I’ve made, things I’m ashamed of, things I will mess up in the future – they’ve all been paid for! It’s hard to understand and comprehend such forgiveness, but it’s free and unconditional. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” ~ 1 John 1:9 Yep, not just part or some of our sin, but ALL of our sins! Knowing that He does indeed love me and forgive me, and always has my best interest in mind – this restores my soul. As Isaiah 61 says, "He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness ... to comfort all who mourn.” We can't undo brokenness or hurt or sorrow or death, but we can look with full confidence to the Savior, who is more than a conqueror. He conquered death and sin and all these other things that tend to way us down. What a comforter He is! Isaiah 61 goes on to say, "To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that HE may be glorified. Then they will rebuild (restore)the ancient ruins, They will raise up the former devastation; and they will repair the ruined cities, The desolation of many generations." I believe many will truly say - Come and see what the Lord has done. He has repaired and restored. In the midst of it all, I can say with full confidence - Indeed I AM BLESSED! The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He restores my soul.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home