DELAY does not always mean DENIAL
I will climb my watchtower now and wait to see what answer God will give to my complaint. And the Lord said to me, “Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others. But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! Though it tarries, wait for it – for it will certainly come; it will not delay!” ~Habakkuk 2
Delay does not always mean denial.
There will always be times of uncertainty in our lives. Sometimes change brings uncertainty. With uncertainty, many times will come fear. However, we do not have to give in to that fear. Just because it’s dark, doesn’t mean we have to fear. Instead we must focus. There have been times when the power went out during a storm. If I was thirsty, however, I slowly walked through my bedroom to the door, remembering where each piece of furniture was. Then, with outstretched hand, I walked past the table and lamp, around the chair, through the family room, around the corner, feeling the cabinets, into the kitchen and straight to the refrigerator. Even after opening the refrigerator, I realize once again there is no power, only complete darkness. Yet, because of focus, because of remembering, I know exactly where the refreshing bottles of juice and water are. I slowly feel and grab one and my thirst is quenched.
I reflect back on this time of darkness to say that in life, there have been many other times of darkness and uncertainty throughout my life. Times when the Lord would give me a child for 6 or 7 days, only to have me receive the dreaded phone call that the birth parent had changed her mind, or the grandparent decided to keep the child. Those were definitely times when I was uncertain what would happen next, and I sometimes wondered if God knew.
Yet, knowing what I know now, I can say with all certainty and full assurance – GOD DID AND DOES KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING. God does have my best interest in mind; He does have plans to prosper and not to harm me; to give me a future and a hope. He filled my life with not one, but three, precious children.
Knowing that brings light and certainty and faith and trust and hope. Remembering His past faithfulness brings trust.
I may not know what’s next for my life, but I do know He knows. My part is to do as this old prophet said – climb up to the watch tower and wait and watch – but it sounds like he also tells us to keep busy guiding others (write what He tells me big and bold, loud and clear, so others will read it and run).
I know He may not always calm the storm around us or show us the clear pathway each time. Yet, I choose to look inward at the God of my salvation and the words of His Scriptures. This gives me the peace and assurance that I need to overcome the fear that the enemy throws at me during times of uncertainty.
Habakkuk says in the 3rd chapter – though the fig tree isn’t blossoming and there are no grapes on the vine nor sheep in the fold or cattle in the stalls – we can rejoice in knowing God is our Savior and our guide. He is my strength – He has made my feet walk like hinds’ feet – and makes me walk on high places.
Delay for the moment is definitely not denial for the future.
Delay does not always mean denial.
There will always be times of uncertainty in our lives. Sometimes change brings uncertainty. With uncertainty, many times will come fear. However, we do not have to give in to that fear. Just because it’s dark, doesn’t mean we have to fear. Instead we must focus. There have been times when the power went out during a storm. If I was thirsty, however, I slowly walked through my bedroom to the door, remembering where each piece of furniture was. Then, with outstretched hand, I walked past the table and lamp, around the chair, through the family room, around the corner, feeling the cabinets, into the kitchen and straight to the refrigerator. Even after opening the refrigerator, I realize once again there is no power, only complete darkness. Yet, because of focus, because of remembering, I know exactly where the refreshing bottles of juice and water are. I slowly feel and grab one and my thirst is quenched.
I reflect back on this time of darkness to say that in life, there have been many other times of darkness and uncertainty throughout my life. Times when the Lord would give me a child for 6 or 7 days, only to have me receive the dreaded phone call that the birth parent had changed her mind, or the grandparent decided to keep the child. Those were definitely times when I was uncertain what would happen next, and I sometimes wondered if God knew.
Yet, knowing what I know now, I can say with all certainty and full assurance – GOD DID AND DOES KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING. God does have my best interest in mind; He does have plans to prosper and not to harm me; to give me a future and a hope. He filled my life with not one, but three, precious children.
Knowing that brings light and certainty and faith and trust and hope. Remembering His past faithfulness brings trust.
I may not know what’s next for my life, but I do know He knows. My part is to do as this old prophet said – climb up to the watch tower and wait and watch – but it sounds like he also tells us to keep busy guiding others (write what He tells me big and bold, loud and clear, so others will read it and run).
I know He may not always calm the storm around us or show us the clear pathway each time. Yet, I choose to look inward at the God of my salvation and the words of His Scriptures. This gives me the peace and assurance that I need to overcome the fear that the enemy throws at me during times of uncertainty.
Habakkuk says in the 3rd chapter – though the fig tree isn’t blossoming and there are no grapes on the vine nor sheep in the fold or cattle in the stalls – we can rejoice in knowing God is our Savior and our guide. He is my strength – He has made my feet walk like hinds’ feet – and makes me walk on high places.
Delay for the moment is definitely not denial for the future.
Labels: assurance, believe, change, darkness, delay, doubt, faithfulness, hope, storms, strength, troubles, trust, uncertainty, waiting


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home