Trust
It takes courage to trust!
I want to walk ahead with both eyes wide open.
And my heart, just as open.
But.
Its hard.
I want to make calculated, thoughtful, wise choices and decisions. I don't want blind trust. I want 'eyes wide open' trust. But.
Cautious.
I dont want to be weak. It takes strength to trust.
Hurts must be soothed and wounds must be healed or at least healing.
I love so wide open, and full, and deep.
But thats not necessarily how I am loved.
Even so, I do't want walls around my heart. I dont want to hold back.
I don't want to always be suspicious. I don't want anything constricting my heart.
I know. I must:
Forgive.
Accept.
Let go.
Believe.
Trust.
I'm reminded of teaching my kids to learn to swim. To jump into my arms in the pool. They had to just jump in and do it. To trust.
Christ reminds us to have 'childlike faith'.
Bottom line: I must realize and trust, that HE is in control.
My security is in HIM. No one else.
So it's not really up to me to open my heart afterall.
It is His Spirit within me that opens and protects my heart.
So, its actually HIM I need to trust.
Hebrews 4 reminds me,
"For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires....
This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do."
He sympathizes with us.
There is no wall too high for Him!
I will not be afraid.
He is able!
'Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to His power that works within us.'
Eph. 3:20
Labels: believe, change, comfort, courage, doubt, faith, faithfulness, fear, healing, heartache, heartbroken, hope, hurts, trust, uncertainty, waiting




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home